Dependent on the performance of their onsite email, a Sussex school turned to Trident for advice. Increased stability was essential for efficiency and success, so we tailored our migration accordingly.
A Sussex school was exploring the possibility of moving critical Exchange services to a cloud based solution email, with the aim of increasing stability and also reducing existing onsite hardware along with the on-going refresh costs.
After performing an onsite consultation, Trident proposed migrating their existing onsite Exchange 2010 server to Microsoft’s hosted Office 365 E1 plan which is completely free of charge to academic institutions.
The customer was very impressed with our smooth implementation and once migrated to the free hosted Exchange solution, Trident achieved the following goals:
- Removed any ongoing costs for licensing or hardware infrastructure for Exchange requirements
- Consolidation of existing infrastructure reducing power, cooling and management requirements reducing further costs on IT infrastructure overheads
- Removed the need for backup and disaster recovery solution for Exchange services
- Increased reliability and accessibility to email services for all users
- Additional of Office 365 services such as One Drive, Skype for Business and SharePoint Online
The school was delighted at the many extra benefits they experienced, and were especially pleased that no future investment would be required for hardware, which released much needed funds for the school to spend on other things.
The customer says:
I have always been very impressed with the professional attitude of Trident. They helped guide me through the migration process of our Exchange servers to Office 365 with minimal disruption. I find their team very helpful and they offer some great insight into the latest technologies in the industry, I would definitely recommend them, which I already have done in the past.