JOB LOCATION: Brighton, East Sussex
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £ Competitive
JOB REF: Tech-Consultant
Established for over 27 years, Trident are one of the South’s premier providers of IT services and solutions to customers ranging from small local businesses to large global organisations with offices throughout the world. Our experienced team of sales and technical consultants have the passion, drive and knowledge to deliver cutting edge technology solutions to over 400 active clients.
Trident are proud to be one of the leading Microsoft Partners for cloud solutions in the UK, as well as maintaining top level partner relationships with many industry leading suppliers including Dell, HP, Cisco Meraki, SonicWALL and 3CX.
We are currently offering a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join our established technical team which currently consists of over twenty technical consultants (hardware, support and enterprise) working at varying levels. This position predominantly involves onsite work consisting of consultancy, solution design and system installations so excellent communications skills are essential.
We give you plenty of opportunity for progression here at Trident by learning varied technologies, a committed training day per month and the priceless benefit of mentoring from our Senior Engineers.
- Deployment of endpoint devices and network print solutions in business environments
- Conducting consultative client visits to undertake full network audits, assessments, and IT strategy meetings.
- Design and implementation of solutions in physical, virtual and cloud based environments
- Completion of migration projects, helping customers migrate to cloud based or hybrid solutions as appropriate.
- Assisting the sales team in preparing proposal and tender documents
- Meeting required performance targets
A proven understanding of as many of the following technologies as possible:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019 (including Active Directory/DNS/Group Policy etc.)
- Microsoft 365 Technologies including: Office365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive etc.), Intune, Security (DLP, AIP, eDiscovery etc.)
- Microsoft Azure Platform (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019
- Virtualisation technologies including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Shared storage platforms (SAN’s) such as Dell EMC EqualLogic and Compellent (PS and SC series)
- Networking principals including VLAN’s and routing.
- Firewall solutions such as SonicWALL, Cisco ASA, Fortinet and WatchGuard.
- Backup & disaster recovery solutions such as Azure Backup and ASR, StorageCraft, Veeam and Symantec etc.
An MCTS/MCSE (Microsoft) qualification is desirable and additional training will be provided as required.
The successful candidate must be able to work efficiently by themselves and as part of a team, the ability to work closely with our sales and technical departments is key to the success of this role.
You must have a valid UK driving licence with at least one year’s driving experience. The ability to be flexible is essential as occasional overtime is necessary.
If you believe you could exceed our expectations and are interested in learning more about this position please send your CV to email@example.com